My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

thank you!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my de-lurk for Japan post and also to those of you who linked to it from your blogs. What an amazing community! I feel so fortunate to be a part of it. 


I've been a little scattered lately. This weekend D turned 40! (Happy birthday, babe!) We had a lovely sushi dinner on Saturday night followed by a small surprise party at Toast Wine Bar in Minneapolis. D doesn't really like surprises, but I couldn't resist. And even though he claims he doesn't like surprises, he seemed thrilled about it. (See. See.) Sunday was filled with more birthday festivities, but then yesterday I was scrambling to catch up on class prep. Not to mention the fact that it's spring break, which means less work time. Even as I type I have three inventive kids (two of them mine) gathered around the dining room table making bubbling potions with vinegar and baking soda and food coloring. (If the project is safe and they promise to clean it up and it allows me to steal a few minutes at the computer, my answer is almost always yes.) 


But now it's time to make their lunches, so I'm signing off. I'll be back with more serious blogging soon. (I have a wonderful line-up of books to write about this spring, so stay tuned.)


Thanks, as always, for reading!

1 comment:

Dawn Elliott said...

So...spring break is over once again - it sounds like it was joyous and full at your house! The weather in the AZ mountains is tentatively warming up - perfect for gardening and playing in my studio...after checking to see what everyone else has been up to! Enjoy your new week!