My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Evan Kamida

I have been feeling heavy and sad all week, ever since I learned that Vicki Forman’s son, Evan, died unexpectedly.

I have never met Vicki in person nor spoken to her on the phone, and yet, I feel as if I know her. I suppose this speaks to the power of her writing. It was through her blog and her column at Literary Mama that I got to know dear Evan. So my heart is heavy as I think of her and her family and their terrible loss.

If you’d like to contribute to a memorial, please go here. You can also honor Evan by photographing flowers on a swing. Learn more here.

I hold my daughters especially close this week and will not take anything for granted.

2 comments:

Ines said...

Oh! Kate, I have been pretty sad about this too....life is so fragile....Vicki has touched so many lives speaking about her son Evan. I have learned lots.

~Denise~ said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Kate. I'm off to push my kidlets in the swing now.