My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 12, 2008

happy mother's day

It was beautiful here. D and Stella woke me up with a vanilla latte and a bowl of strawberries. Stella was very silly, dancing around the bed, singing, “My boootis, my boootis” as she shook her little tush. Then she collapsed, laughing. (Zoe was sleeping in her car seat and missed all the fun.) After the silliness, we went out for breakfast and to the garden store, where we bought a few plants for the front garden. Then I went for run, which, well, hurt because I’m really out of shape. But after the first ½ mile, it was as if my body remembered how to run, as if the rhythm of my gate had been there all fall and winter, waiting. I didn’t go much more three miles (probably less), but I felt completely high. Running is one of those things that I do alone, and I felt a little more myself with each step—it was the perfect gift for me on mother’s day.

I hope you all had a lovely day, as well, and that your darlings hugged you a ton.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like just what you needed! I'm so glad.

Sista GP said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!
See my latest post as to why it is belated. I am trying to get caught up on my blog reading and other things...