My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

8 things

Okay, I was tagged by Kyra at this mom to reveal eight things about myself. Here it goes:

1) When I was in college and working at 3M one summer, I electrocuted myself.
2) When I was in college and working at 3M one summer, I electrocuted myself AGAIN. Seriously, same summer, same day. With one hand on the metal experimenty-thing, I plugged the machine into the wall. Bzzz. Bzzz. Ow. Pain shot up my arm. Did I call for help? Na. Did I get up off the floor? Na. Stunned and totally stupid, I plugged the machine into the wall again. Bzzz. Bzzz. Ow. (It was after this that I decided it would be safer to be an Anthro major.)
3) At age six, I asked my grandma, who was visiting, whether she thought she had good manners. “Well, yes, I think I do,” she said, a little flustered. And I proceeded to point out to her, in a very patronizing 6-year-old way, that people with good manners always put the toilet seat cover down. Seriously? Really? I’m afraid so. Poor D.
4) When I was ten, my goal, in life, was to wear red, sparkly, five-inch heels and be the winner of Deney Terrio’s Dance Fever. (For a little Frank Zappa action on Dance Fever, check this out.)
5) For a year and a half (while I was living in a small village in Costa Rica), I spent every Saturday night riding in the back of a truck—think livestock, people—to a dance in a nearby town where I spent long, sweaty hours trying to perfect the salsa (and cumbia and piratiado and merengue). Take that, Deney Terrio. (Note: dancing does not always count as “research,” but I was an Anthro major, after all. Everything is research.)
6) I secretly wish I had a wrestling singlet like Drama Mama.
7) I eat chocolate *every* night. (And sometimes I wonder why running doesn't "have an effect?")
8) I almost killed myself in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness when my friend and I decided to “navigate” some rapids. The backpack containing our food and water purifier and other equipment her parents loaned us sank to the bottom of the river. We punctured her aluminum canoe and, from clinging to a moss-covered rock, I became covered in small slug-like creatures. Proud times, indeed.

And now I get to tag three people:

Mardougrrl at One Hand Typing
Sheri at The Little Zygote That Could
Moonlight Ambulette

No comments: